Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The First Time In Years

For the first time in at least 10 years I missed my very first Black Friday.  Gasp.  Yes, the queen of all frugalness did not drag herself out to the stores and partake in the dark side of shopping.  In the past I have gotten up and went shopping with a cold, the flu, laryngitis, bronchitis and burning up with a fever.  I refuse to miss a good deal.  For some reason I always get sick this time of year and this year was no different.  I had a virus - one that definitely kept me out of long lines.  So, with a sad heart I missed out on a family tradition this year.  The tradition of acting like an insane person to save a few bucks.

However, I did not miss out on the deals.  I shopped from the comfort of my own home  Yep, that's right.  I got everything that I had on my shopping list online.  I got the $49 Christmas tree from Home Depot (our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree has injured during the move), gifts from Wally World and toys from Toys R Us - all shipped FREE.  Most of the deals listed in the sale papers were available online.  Plus, I got cash back from shopping through Ebates.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment