Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Big Heart, Small Wallet - Part Dos

It's been awhile since I posted on the Big Heart Small Wallet topic.  Basically, what I do is find ways to help charities out for free or next to nothing.  You may want to read Big Heart, Small Wallet - Part Uno to get a better feel of what I'm talking about.

Today I'm introducing you to The Breast Cancer Site.  If you've been here for awhile you know how much I LOVE The Breast Cancer Site.  You can help fund mammograms for women who can't afford them just by doing daily clicks on the site.  It's totally free.
You can download the Touch To Give app HERE to make it even easier to do your free clicks. They also have a store that you can buy awesome stuff from that also funds charities.

Last year I had pain in my right breast and I felt a lump.  My grandmother battled breast cancer so I was a little nervous.  I called my doctor and made an appointment.  My appt. was late in the afternoon so my doc said that he would have the pavilion call me.  As I was pulling out of the parking lot they called and said they wanted me in the office first thing in the morning.  Everyone was super nice and didn't mind my endless questions.  I find that the more I know about something the less nervous I am about it.

It turned out that I had a cyst in my breast probably from my excessive caffeine consumption.  I was incredibly lucky.  However, there are so many women (and men) out there who aren't so lucky.  I am also fortunate because we have excellent insurance through my hubby's work.  Some women do not have insurance and cannot afford to get checked out.  And with cancer early detection is vital in fighting the disease.

Doing your free daily clicks can help save a life.

Check out how much this site has helped HERE.

They also have sister sites that you can click on that help fund all sorts of charities:


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I've been clicking on these links for years. Small way to help out

    ReplyDelete