Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Christmas Present

Do you know what this is?

Guess...

It's a Microdermabrasion Machine.

When my hubby asked me what I wanted for Christmas I told him I wanted one of these.  He thought I was crazy, but he got it anyway 'cuz he loves me.  :o)
We didn't do big presents this year because we just bought a house and a golf cart.

Back in the day I was a sun worshipper.  My bestie Kim and I spent our summers on Tybee Island with a cooler full of drinks.  I loved having a tan and I really loved being at the beach.  However, after experiencing trips to the dermatologist for skin cancer I no longer desire to kill my skin cells.  Along with my skin cancer I've developed an uneven skin tone on areas of my face and chest.  Microdermabrasion helps with this problem.

Why would I buy a Microdermabrasion Machine?
I've had them done before and they cost about 125 bucks a pop.  You need several sessions to successfully get the look you want.  Six sessions, actually.
My hubby paid $165 for this machine.  Six sessions at $125 each = $750.  Plus, it's advised that you do six sessions twice a year - making it $1,500 a year.

Let's say that my machine lasts 5 years.  At $1,500 a year that would cost $7,500.
$165 sounds pretty good, huh?

I have done extensive research and had a friend who is an aesthetician direct me on how to use it correctly.  The treatments aren't "pleasant."  It's like scraping your face with sandpaper, but I feel like it's worth it.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment