Sunday, August 05, 2012

There Will Be Days Like This

As a couponer there have been days I just wanted to throw my hands up and not worry with the whole saving a buck thing.  It never lasts long because I know that I save tons of money.  It's easy to get discouraged, but don't let it get you down.

Yesterday was one of those days for me.  First, I started out heading to Publix to get a couple of things.  The main reason for my trip to Publix was to get stuff with the new Green Advantage Flyer that was supposed to come out yesterday.  The other things I were getting could have easily been picked up at the IGA store right near my home.  When I got to Publix they didn't have the coupons in yet.  Fail.  I was upset that my whole trip was pretty much a waste.  The one time they don't get coupons in on time is the day I make a special trip for them.  :o(

Then later on I decided to make a trip to Wally World to pick up some good deals that I spotted online.  Other bloggers and posters have noted seeing the Hazelnut Jif on sale for $2 a bottle and the $1/1 Jif Hazelnut Spread coupon would only make it $1.  I also wanted to pick up some Angel Soft facial tissue with the $.75 coupon and lastly get some cheap RoseArt school supplies with the $1/3 printable that is no longer available.  Once again it was a major bust.  The Jif was $4 a bottle, they didn't even carry the Angel Soft Facial Tissue nor did they carry any RoseArt items.  *Sigh*

Needless to say I was quite frustrated.  I made special trips all for nothing.  Then I started thinking...  I did get to get a cake mix & frosting for my Mother in Law's birthday yesterday.  And using the coupon in the Yellow Advantage Flyer made it cheaper than if I had picked it up at the IGA store.  I also did stop by and pick up a seedless watermelon from a guy selling them beside the road.  If I hadn't made the trip my kids wouldn't be eating the delicious watermelon this morning.  I would rather buy straight from the farmers because I know that all of my money goes right into their pockets.  I come from a long line of farmers.  So, I see first hand how very hard the farming life is.  I do enjoy going up to the family farm and picking fresh produce and getting pecans for Thanksgiving recipes, but the drive is long and we don't make it often.

Then I think about my trip to Wally World.  My mother in law went with me.  It was good time spent on her birthday and I did find some pretty hair bows for Madison that were only $1.  I also did get slushy supplies for my little ones.  Seeing the big smile on my baby girl's face when I explained to her what I was getting made it all worthwhile.

So, I guess my day was just fine even with all of the couponing mishaps.  :o)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment