Thursday, July 18, 2013

Things I've Learned


I was reading an article the other day about living from the lessons you've learned in life.  It wasn't the best article in the world and was a little shady, but it got me to thinking.  What exactly have I learned about life in my 34 years on this Earth?  I sat down and made a little list and I thought it would be very blogger-like of me to share them with you.
So, here ya' go!

Things I've Learned:

1)  Don't buy the cheap, crappy toy.  You'll just wish you hadn't wasted your money.  Invest in a sturdy toy that will last longer.  Except for water balloons.  They're an awesome cheap toy.

2)  Don't drink a few glasses of wine and get on Facebook.  Wine and Facebook are NOT a good combination.  Because the next morning you'll have an inbox full of "what the hell's?"

3)  Likewise, don't drink wine and paint your toenails.  You will totally jack them up.

4)  Raising your voice always makes a situation worse.

5)  Don't stress over your mistakes.  There's always someone else who is more screwed up than you are.  ;o)

6)  Always be kind to others. You never know what they're dealing with.

7)  Don't eat discounted sushi.  Ever.

8)  If you never tell a lie no one will ever have reason to doubt what you say.

9)  If you wake up thinking you'll have a bad day - you will. Wake up thinking "This will be my day!" It works.  I promise.

10)  No amount of coffee will ever make me a morning person.

11)  Don't criticize what you don't understand.

12)  No amount of money will ever be worth the time you spend with loved ones.

13)  Go ahead and eat the cake.  Diet be damned.

14)  Learn how to change a tire.

15)  There's no way that you'll make everyone happy so don't even try.  Do what you feel is right.

So, there's my list.  Is it life changing?  Doubtful.  But it's honest and it's me!

(Oh, and that picture?  It has absolutely nothing to do with the things I've learned which brings me to another thing I've learned.  People like pictures. So I try to include them in posts whenever I can.)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment