Friday, October 04, 2013

Irony

The very definition of irony is:  incongruity; incongruity between what actually happens and what might be expected to happen, especially when this disparity seems absurd or laughable.

There is so much irony in my life right now that I have to laugh about it.  I mean I could get mad, but it is what it is.  Our family has the habit of making the best of any situation no matter what it is.
What's all this irony you ask?  Here's a rundown:

  1. Months ago we planned a fall trip to the mountains of Tennessee.  We paid half up front on the rental of a cabin which is non-refundable if you don't cancel within 60 days of stay.  This trip was planned for next week.  On October 1st our government shut down.  This in turn means that my hubby does not get paid.  As most of you know I am a stay at home mom for now.  While the income I bring in each month helps out it's not enough to cover all of our bills.  I find it ironic that just a week before we go on vacation my hubby gets furloughed.
  2. The places we were planning on visiting while on vacation in Tennessee were Cades Cove and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  We're outdoorsy people so National Parks are our go to places.  The kids were over the moon excited about going on a hayride through Cades Cove.  And we were all excited about hiking and seeing the fall foliage of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  Both of these places are now closed due to the shut down.  So not only does this shut down limit our funds for vacation it also closed the places we were going to.  Ironic indeed.
  3. Today my daughter and I were supposed to go on a field trip to a local farm.  We were both looking forward to it and were really excited.  Then yesterday she came home with an alarmingly high fever and by the look of her throat I'm sure it's Strep.  No field trip for us today. She is NOT a happy camper.
  4. Weeks ago I signed up to work for my friend this weekend because she was going out of town.  Now two of my three kiddos and my hubby are sick.
I just really, really hope they get all of this mess resolved soon.  Because even though I'm complaining I know there are a lot of people out there that have it worse than us.  :o(


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment