Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Phenomenal Read

As I was scrolling through Facebook today I came across a link that one of my friends had shared.  I don't always click on these links because I'm usually in a hurry and feel like they're a waste of my time.  But this one caught my attention.  I clicked on it and started reading.  It spoke to me.  And at the end of this post I found myself crying.  I wasn't crying with sorrow or sadness, but with joy.  

This post was written several months ago, but it somehow found its way to me when I needed it the most.  This past week I have second guessed every decision I've made.  I've questioned myself as a stay at home mom.  And I questioned myself period.  It was just a week full of little tiny disappointments that all came at once and made for a big, crappy week.  I don't complain to others because I know that compared to other battles women are dealing with mine is very small.  So, I sit down and be quiet.  I deal.  But this article that I read today was like an answered prayer.  It told me that what I am doing is enough.  I might not have everything that I want, but I have everything that I need.

It was a peaceful ending to a very trying week.

If you're a mom I highly suggest reading Why Being A Mom Is Enough by Rachel Marie Martin.  I promise it's by far not a waste of time and it's very much worth the few minutes it takes to read it.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment