Saturday, June 07, 2014

FL Residents: Tax Free Hurricane Supplies

I'm just finding out about this now, but you have until tomorrow (6/8/14) to take advantage of it.  Florida residents get tax waived on certain hurricane supplies.  I particularly like the tax free portable generators and I really need to stock up on both flashlights and batters.
I really wish Georgia did this!

 Included are:


  •  Reusable Ice Packs
  • Flashlights, Lanterns, Candles etc. $20 or less
  • Gas or Diesel Fuel Container $25 or less
  • Batteries $30 or less
  • Coolers, Ice Chests
  • Self-Contained First Aid Kit
  • Tarps, Plastic Sheeting, Ground Anchor Systems
  • Radios, Bungee Cords, 
  • Portable Generators $750 or less.
Go HERE for the complete list.

Make sure you check out my post on 72 Hour Emergency Kits - I'll be adding more posts about Emergency Preparedness in the very near future.

Picture credit:  NC Piedmont Weather


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment