Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Little Saturday Q&A

I get emails with questions a lot and usually I just email back an answer. But sometimes a question pops up so often that I figure others are thinking the same thing.

Q:  Hello. I've been following your page for awhile and was wondering why you buy such expensive milk if you're trying to save money. A gallon of milk for me costs around $3. Just wondering.
Thanks, Jules

A:  Hi, Julie, I used to buy the cheapest milk I could find and then I watched a disturbing video on Facebook about what is found in regular milk. I wish I had never watched it, but what's seen can't be unseen. I'm not naive or really squeamish and know that there's stuff in our foods that we don't know about, but I draw the line at hormones, antibiotics and pus. So, to me it's worth paying a few dollars extra for a gallon of milk that is organic and free of all these things. My kids drink so much milk that I feel it could have a negative effect on them. I still look for rebates and sales on the organic brands in order to save a little.

Q: I was wondering how do you get so many points for the Kellogg's program? It takes me forever to save up enough points for the one dollar coupon. Thanks for all you do. Becky

A:  Hi, Becky! I buy a lot of Kellogg's products and I have family members who save their codes for me. I cut out the codes and hold onto them until Kellogg's has a bonus point promotion. For instance, last week they had a promotion for St. Patrick's Day where you got 400 bonus points for entering four product codes. You could earn the bonus up to four times. Make sure you check the newsletter they send out because it lets you know what offers they have for bonuses.
You can find a list of their bonus point opportunities HERE.
You can also rack up points from their Facebook page. They post them regularly.
Here's a list of codes. I'm not sure how many of them are still valid, but you can give them a try!

SPRINGISINTHEAIR - 25 POINTS
LUCKYLEPRECHAUNS - 50 POINTS
HOWITWORKS20PNTS - 20 POINTS
KFSHARETHANKS20 - 20 POINTS
BACKTOSCHOOL2014 - 50 POINTS
EARNGREATREWARDS - 20 POINTS
MAGICOFBREAKFAST - 20 POINTS
GETFUELFORSCHOOL - 20 POINTS
EARNSWEETREWARDS - 50 POINTS
EVERYONELOVESKFR - 100 POINTS
SCOOBYSWEEPS4U - 50 POINTS

Have a question? Shoot me an email to ameej1978@gmail.com!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment