Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kroger's Truly Awesome Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm a member of BzzAgent and when they contacted me and asked if I would like to try and review Kroger's Truly Awesome Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies I said count me in!  You had me at chocolate!  Yes, I have a love affair with chocolate.  I received two full size boxes and coupons to hand out.

First off, I'm a chewy cookie type person.  Crumbly is good, but not as good as chewy.  These cookies were of the crumbly sort.  They were a bit dry at first, but then I read on the back of the box that they taste good heated in the microwave.  So, I put my first cookie in for 5 seconds (my microwave is a monster and will burn down the house with a few seconds.)  It did taste better, but still now chewy.  However, the amount of chocolate chips totally made up for the lack of chewiness.  There was a ton of chips and they were delicious.

I then grabbed a big glass of milk and went to town dunking my cookies.  They were to die for.  It was hard for me to share them after that. ;o)  I have since purchased more and prefer to "dunk" them.
The suggested retail is $2.79, but I've seen them on sale for $2 each at my Kroger often.

I would post a picture of my face after downing a few of them, but it wasn't pleasant.  I'm like a cave woman when it comes to chocolate - no table manners.

Disclosure:  BzzAgent and Kroger sent me the cookies and coupons to try. All opinions and comments are of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-17-24

  (4) Tena Pads $6.39 use $4/1 printables from coupons.com use $3/1 Publix coupons from the Extra Savings Flyer use $10/$25 Publix eCoupon g...