Monday, September 17, 2012

Changing My Waste

This is a picture of my bread butts.  Some people may call this collection "trash", but I like to call it bread crumbs. :o)  I always turn my unused bread into bread crumbs.

I read an article HERE about how much food American's waste each year.  According to the article we waste about $165 billion worth annually.  That's crazy.  It prompted me to scan my pantry and fridge for nearly bad foods to use up.  And with that being said I've been busy using stuff up before it went bad.  A quick "googling" can help you find lots of ways to use foods up.  Wanna know what I did to salvage my goods?
Here ya go:

Honey Glazed Carrots - I've been using this recipe for awhile now in order to use up carrots

Pita Chips - very simple to make these with that stale pita bread sitting in your pantry

sauteed mushrooms

banana muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-24-24

  (1) Bic Soleil razors $2.84 (reg. $5.84) use $4/1 Publix eCoupon (1) Siggi's yogurt cup B1G1 $2 use Get One Free Publix eCoupon - auto...