Monday, September 24, 2012

I Feel Something...


As I walked outside this morning I felt something.  It was coolness.  Ahhhh...fall time is here.  This makes it official.  Even though I've seen Halloween treats and decorations up for a couple of weeks it's not official until you feel it.  My absolute favorite time of year.  I love everything about Autumn.  And as much as I love the full sun on my shoulders my heart longs for the leaves to change beautiful colors and fall.  I love the pumpkins, hay rides, the fair, endless apples, mums, ghost tours, football, Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice Latte and being able to walk to my mailbox without breaking into a sweat.

Another thing I love about this time of year is the memories.  My Mema had a huge pear tree in her back yard.  And this time of year we would go out and pick the perfect pears.  She'd take them inside and together we would make Pear Tarts.  They were the best. My Mema is gone now and I still til this day cannot get my Pear Tarts to taste the same despite following her recipe.  I guess some things just can't be replicated.

Now it's time for me to decorate my porch for Halloween.  And I need to start stocking up on candy because we get thousands of trick or treater's each year.  Oh, I do love me some Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4/10/24 - 4/4/24

  (2) Silk Protein Almond Milk B1G1 $4.89 use $2/1 blinkie coupons (2) Silk Almond Milk B1G1 $3.40 use $1.50/1 blinkie coupons (4) Skinny Co...