Monday, June 17, 2013

Oreo and Cool Whip Goodness

My mother in law makes a Blueberry Cake for my hubby that he LOVES.  It's a really good cake!  She makes it for him for special occasions.  She even made it for our rehearsal dinner.  He seriously loves that cake.  So, I've been on a mission to make him a dessert that he loves just as much as the Blueberry Cake.  Desserts are my thing.  If a friend is having a get-together it's well known that Amy will be bringing the dessert.  Always.  It's a given.  I'm not the chips & dip girl.  During the past 7 years I've been scouring the web for that perfect dessert that he'll die for.  I thought I had found it.  Last week my buddy, Aletra, pinned a dessert that consisted of Oreo's dunked in milk and smothered with Cool Whip.  What?!?  I repinned that puppy so fast that the site had to have experienced whiplash.  My hubby can single handedly eat a whole pack of Oreo's in one sitting - especially dunked in milk.  He loved it...but not as much as the Blueberry Cake.  The search continues.

 I wanted to share the recipe with you.  I took my own pics, but you can get the original recipe from HERE.
It's in spanish, but the pics do all the work anyway.

These are the ingredients that you'll need. (plus chocolate syrup if you like) I only needed two packs of the cookies.
I hid the other pack so I could enjoy them later. ;o)

Dunk the Oreos in the milk and let them soak up real good.  Then layer them in the bottom of a baking dish.

Next place a layer of Cool Whip on top.
Repeat with another layer of Oreos and Cool Whip.
If you like you can drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.  You really should.  It's oh so good.

Voila!  Oreo and Cool Whip Goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-24-24

  (1) Bic Soleil razors $2.84 (reg. $5.84) use $4/1 Publix eCoupon (1) Siggi's yogurt cup B1G1 $2 use Get One Free Publix eCoupon - auto...