Friday, November 22, 2013

Yoplait Weekly Snack Swap

For most kids, having an after school snack while talking about their day at school is part of their daily routine, but why not opt for a smarter choice rather than cookies or chips?

Recently, I was contacted by General Mills and asked to do the Yoplait Weekly Snack Swap.  Each Thursday for one month I will swap out an unhealthy snack for a Yoplait Original Yogurt.  I'll then post my results.

Week #1
I swapped out my son's regular Pop-Tart with a Yoplait Original Strawberry Yogurt.
At first, he fussed a little because Pop-Tarts are his go-to snack when he gets home from school.  Like clockwork he heads to the pantry and grabs one.  After a little convincing he tried the yogurt and he liked it!  He's not normally a yogurt eater, but he enjoyed it.

This made me happy because if you compare the two snacks yogurt is by far the better choice.


Total Fat:

Pop-Tarts: 4g
Yoplait Original: 1.5g

Calcium:

Pop-Tarts: 10% daily value
Yoplait Original: 20% daily value

Vitamin A:

Pop-Tarts: 10% daily value
Yoplait Original: 15% daily value

Protein:

Pop-Tarts: 2g
Yoplait Original: 5g

Sodium:

Pop-Tarts: 220mg
Yoplait Original: 85mg

If you would like to join me in the Yoplait Snack Swap you can download a coupon HERE for $.60 off three (3) cups of any variety of Yoplait yogurt.

Disclosure:  I was provided the coupons for free Yoplait yogurt for this post.  All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-17-24

  (4) Tena Pads $6.39 use $4/1 printables from coupons.com use $3/1 Publix coupons from the Extra Savings Flyer use $10/$25 Publix eCoupon g...