Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An Idea...

I've been keeping track of how much I've saved by coupons, rebates and such, but Kristin from CouponingToDisney gave me an idea. She has been saving for a Disney Vacation for her and her family and she posts how she saves the money. I'll keep track and post how much I am saving in my SAVINGS fund. The main purpose it to put as much toward retirement as possible. I have some put toward retirement, but I won't be working for a couple of years and by the time I start back to work I'll be - Ahem - older and I don't want to work until I'm 65 to retire... Every month I will place rebate money, money from sales on Ebay and any little odds and ends in the fund and keep you posted. I will also put in the amount that I have saved from coupons in the fund. In other words if I saved $1 on a product from a coupon I will place $1 in the fund. I will put what I have saved so far in savings and "start over."
I got 2 rebate checks in the mail today. One was from Kraft Foods for $20 from HERE and one was for $2 from the lamps I bought on clearance at CVS HERE.
So the total as of today is now: $12 - Wow, I have a long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Couponing Grocery Haul 8-5-26

 Reminder: I live in "Half Price BOGO Land" which means items ring up half price at the register. If you live in Florida, you will...