Monday, November 02, 2009

My Trip To Target Today

Ok...I keep saying that I'll never go back to Target, but I always do. I love their stuff and I love the coupons they send me - if only they would HONOR them!!! Everytime I go to Target I have issues with them not accepting coupons. While I was there today I wanted to do the Glade Holiday products deal again. The deal is WYB 5 Glade Holiday Candle products for $2.50 each you get a $5 Target Gift Card.

After ringing up my items the cashier started to scan my coupons and they were ALL beeping. I only had one "Target only" coupon - the rest were all manufacturer's coupons. For the Glade deal I had five (5) $1.50/1 Glade oil candle product coupons and five (5) Glade oil refill WYB a Glade oil candle holder coupons. When he got to the free refill coupons he said that he could only take one coupon per transaction. He said that on the back it said one coupon per purchase. I tried to explain to him that it was saying one coupon per item. It did not say one coupon per transaction. I even had him call the manager over who also agreed with him that I could only use one coupon per transaction. I then said that I thought it was funny how their coupon policy seemed to change daily because I did the same deal last week and they took all the same coupons in one transaction at the exact same store! He apologized and walked away. I was livid...why do some cash registers take coupons and some don't? I told the cashier to take off the refills and I would just get the candle holders. He then took one $1.50/1 coupon and handed me the rest saying again that he could only take one per transaction. I then told him that I would go ahead and buy them, but that I would once again be getting in touch with Target Guest Relations. I had somewhere to go and couldn't sit there arguing with them all day. He then didn't want to take my online coupons from coupons.com. I had to pull out my copy of Target's coupon policy to show him that they do in fact take online coupons. As if I wasn't aggravated enough already he also handed me back the "Target Only" coupon from my coupon booklet mailed to my house saying that he couldn't accept it. Why send me coupons in the mail if you aren't going to honor them?!? Total waste of my time.

I was running late on being somewhere so I called Guest Relations on my way to my appt. I explained to them the situation and they said that they would be getting in touch with the store to see what the issue was. She then told me to call them while I was in the store next time. On my way back through town I stopped back by there and went to customer service. I asked the guy working back there to return all of the candles and do five separate transactions. I knew I wouldn't be getting the $5 gift card, but I would still be getting the candles for $1 each after coupons. Well, to my surprise he returned them and rang them all up with the coupons with no problem. I paid $5 for the candles and got a $5 gift card. What was so hard about that?

Anyway, if you want to use coupons at Target make sure to take a copy of their coupon policy from HERE and if that doesn't work the Target Guest Relations number is 1-800-303-0308.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Couponing Grocery Haul 8-5-26

 Reminder: I live in "Half Price BOGO Land" which means items ring up half price at the register. If you live in Florida, you will...