Sunday, January 08, 2012

My Coupon Binder

Question from a reader:
Amy, I was just wondering how you keep track of your coupons.  I keep all of mine in  folders and I seem to miss out on good deals.  Any help would be great.
Melanie

Hey Melanie!  It took me a while to figure out the best way for me to organize my coupons.  At first I used a small binder that I kept in my purse.  My parents bought it for me years ago.  But as time went on I had too many coupons and they wouldn't fit.

Then, I went to the manila folder method.  I would label each folder with the date and keep the coupon inserts in it.  As I would go through ads I would pull the coupons out and clip them.  But like you said I would go to the store, see a deal and not have that coupon with me.

So, I decided that clipping and placing them in a binder was the best way for me.  It's more time consuming but it has been worth the extra effort.

I got this Thirty-One Organizing Utility Tote from my sister in law for my birthday last year and I LOVE it!  It has handy little pockets on the side for scissors, pens and all sorts of stuff.  It has plenty of room for all that I need for my couponing.

I place my manufacturer's coupons in this 2" ring binder.  I got it at Goodwill for $.50.  I bought a 100 pack of Baseball Card Holder sleeves on Amazon for $15 using my credits.  I also got dividers for $.15 at Walgreens during a BTS sale. 

I do keep another 1" binder that I place all my store specific coupons and rebate forms in.  There's no pic of that binder because it's quite boring.

If  you like to organize your coupons by date you can do that or you can organize them by type of grocery (like cold/frozen/meat etc.)  Just find which way works for you and go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Couponing Haul 3-20-24

  (3) Splenda liquid B1G1 $4.49 get $2.50/1 cash back from Ibotta - use up to 5 times (2) Splenda packets 100 ct B1G1 $4.86 get $2.50/1 cash...