Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ways To Make Extra Cash

I can't count the number of emails I get asking me how to make extra cash from home.  These days everyone could use a little extra income.  Here are some ways that I make extra cash and I find them all to be reliable.

Surveys: 
Here are a list of survey sites that I've found legit.  If it's a scam site you WON'T find it here.

MyPoints - get points for doing surveys, opening emails, doing searches and a lot of other activities.  I have been with MyPoints since 1/7/2001 and I love, love, love them!  Use your points to get great gift cards or a deposit into your PayPal account.  I prefer gift cards because it takes more points for a PayPal deposit.
InboxDollars - Earn money by doing surveys, searches, opening emails and accepting new offers.  There are a lot of ways to earn with InboxDollars.  I've cashed out several times with them and although it takes a few months to get the $30 minimum for cash out it is well worth the time since there's little effort put into it.  Plus, they give you $5 just for signing up!  Easy cash!
MySurvey - Earn points for doing surveys and use the points to get gift cards or checks.  You need a minimum of 1150 points to get a $10 check.
Mindfield Online - With Mindfield you only need $5 to cash out and they send out great surveys.  I qualify for most that they send to me and I always get my checks quickly when I request them.  They also send out invites for Focus Groups often.  I just qualified for a Focus Group from them and will get paid $125 for a 30 minute session.  Sweet!
Survey Savvy - Get paid by check to do surveys and there's no minimum to cash out!
Valued Opinions - Get paid to do surveys.  You need a minimum of $20 in your account to request a reward.  They offer gift cards as rewards.

Craigslist & Ebay:
Chances are you have lots of stuff laying around the house that you don't use.  It's just taking up room and not contributing to your life.  Get rid of it.  Sell it and use the cash on something special!  I enjoy perusing all the ads on Craigslist.  We got a lot of nice stuff for our new house from there.  You can find great deals on furniture.  If you do choose to sell on Craigslist I advise you meet someone in a public place if you're selling something small enough to carry around.  I do that with boxes of kids clothes I sell.
You can also sell items on Ebay.  It takes some planning to sell items on Ebay because you need to research how much the item is worth and how much it would cost to ship it.  Plus, you'll need a PayPal account if you don't already have one.  It's easy to sell on Ebay once you get the hang of it.  You can go HERE for information on how to sell.

Have a Garage Sale:
Gather up your unwanted stuff and have a yard sale!  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  It makes it more fun when you get together with friends and have a multi-family sale.  There are some tricks to making it a successful sale.  Be sure to have it in a convenient location.  Make sure you advertise your sale and get the word out.  Price your stuff accordingly.  Keep in mind that it is a garage sale and most people aren't willing to pay top dollar for items.  Another little thing I like to do is get the kiddos to make brownies and such to sell.  They get a little extra money and people can purchase a cheap snack.  Win-Win Bam!

Etsy:
Do you have a knack for making cute stuff?  If you have a talent at making crafts and such chances are people will want to buy it.  Why not sell your cutie petutie items on Etsy?  It's free to open an account with Etsy, but there are fees involved.  You can go HERE for a list of fees and how they work.  Once you make your store you'll need to advertise in order to get business.

Sell Scrap Metal: 
I know of several people who actually make a living by selling scrap metal.  I, myself, sell my aluminum cans.  Yep, I do it.  And you'd be surprised how much I get from it.  It is a pain in the keister saving all those cans, but I like the cash I get from them.  I save them until I have a truck load and drop them off when I'm headed off to that side of town.  This drives my hubby absolutely mad.  He hates me saving the cans, but I can't throw them in the recycling bin knowing I can get something for them.  He's learned to just let it be.  I'm too stubborn.  ;o)

Sell Your Pics:
Do you take fabulous photos?  If you are a photographer and would like a little extra money you can submit your photos to Shutterstock.  They are choosy about what they allow and if you don't get your photos approved the first try you have to wait 90 days to submit again.

Tutor:
There are lots of children out there who need a little extra help with their school work.  Even with the economy the way it is most parents will not hesitate to pay a tutor in order to better their grades.  Offer a competitive rate and ask around.  I enjoy tutoring.  I miss being in the education field, but I love staying home with my babies.  You can even submit your application to Tutor.com, but right now there is a waiting list.  You'll need to complete timed tests in the subjects you wish to tutor in.

Clean Houses or Mow Lawns:
If you have the time and can find a babysitter offer to clean people's homes.  It's a great way to earn extra cash.  And chances are you have a neighbor who can't do yard work for health reasons or who doesn't have the time.  Offer your services!


Mystery Shopping:
There are a lot of sites out there who offer a Mystery Shopping gig.  However, over 90% of them make you pay for a list of participating stores.  That's bogus.  Do not pay for it!  There are legitimate sites that offer Mystery Shopping.  Now, you will definitely NOT get rich doing this, but you can earn a little extra cash.  The trick is to choose the shops that are close by or where you're going anyway because they don't usually pay a lot and they don't reimburse you for gas.  But a free meal and getting paid to get it is nice. :o)  The mystery shopping site that I recommend is MarketForce.

Bottom line?  Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-17-24

  (4) Tena Pads $6.39 use $4/1 printables from coupons.com use $3/1 Publix coupons from the Extra Savings Flyer use $10/$25 Publix eCoupon g...