Thursday, June 13, 2013

St. Augustine Trip

As you guys know our vacation last year was a trip to Disney World.  And although the kids had fun we didn't think the amount of fun they had burning in the hot sun waiting 3 hours to ride a 2 minute ride was worth the huge chunk of change we spent.  Mitch was actually the only one who could ride all of the rides.  To make a long story short we decided to change it up this year.  We did go to Florida, but this time we spent it in St. Augustine.  I LOVE that city! Oh, and we stopped back by the Jacksonville Zoo for the umpteenth millionth time on the way home.

Our trip consisted of playing on the beach, the St. Augustine Alligator Farm, putt putt, the pool, the Jacksonville Zoo, Dunkin Donuts, funnel cakes and lots of Starbucks.  I very much enjoyed this "laid back" vacation.  There was no rushing or stressing.  We just took our time.  I think that's what vacations should be about.  And not once did I even check my email!  Ahhh, bliss.

Here are some pics I took:
at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm

all of my cuties at the Jacksonville Zoo

I LOVE the Butterfly Hollow at the Jacksonville Zoo

this little guy liked my hubby

Mitch and Madison loved the Dino Trek at the Jacksonville Zoo.  Conner did not.

I always love watching the Gorillas - they're always so chill

This guy is Maximo - a 15 foot 3 inch Saltwater Crocodile.

a baby gator - so cute!

This momma with her babies were two feet above a lagoon filled with alligators.  What a stressful life!

ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-24-24

  (1) Bic Soleil razors $2.84 (reg. $5.84) use $4/1 Publix eCoupon (1) Siggi's yogurt cup B1G1 $2 use Get One Free Publix eCoupon - auto...