Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dollar General

I'm not sure if this is a regional problem or if it's the whole chain, but I stopped in at Dollar General to pick up a few things.  Everything that I was getting was on sale and I had coupons for.  When I got up to the register every single coupon beeped.  Most of them were from newspaper inserts.  The cashier told me that she couldn't take any of them because her manager told her not to accept any coupons that the register didn't take.  I knew the manager so I went and asked her.  Apparently, they changed the system and if an item is already on sale the register won't accept a coupon.  She said that she was told by the regional manager not to take any coupons if the system rejected them.  

This doesn't make sense to me because they get reimbursed for manufacturer's coupons regardless of whether the item is on sale or not.  I'll be getting in touch with corporate to see what is going on.  I just wanted to throw that out there in case someone else has problems.

There is a way to get around it.  Just take your ad to Walmart and price match.  That's what I'll be doing to get the cheap Sparkle paper towels this week. ;o)

They're on sale $3.95 for a 6 pack and you can print a $1/1 coupon from HERE.  This makes it only $2.95 for 6 rolls - $.49 a roll.  Great price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-17-24

  (4) Tena Pads $6.39 use $4/1 printables from coupons.com use $3/1 Publix coupons from the Extra Savings Flyer use $10/$25 Publix eCoupon g...