On Saturday's I list a few things that may help one have a more simpler life. Things that save time, money, sanity and so on. Here's a couple of things that can help you live a simpler life. I, too, will be doing these each week. Any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated. Let me know if you had any luck organizing this week.
- Organize your paperwork. I have tons of paperwork that I leave on top of my desk. If I don't feel like dealing with it, I throw it on the pile meaning to get to it later. I have the mentality at times that if it's not a bill it can wait. With three kids paperwork comes last. After a couple of weeks I've forgotten about some of the things I was supposed or intended to do.
First thing to do is gather up all of your paperwork. Decide what is important and what is not. Trash what you don't need. Take out papers and throw away the envelopes they came in. Get an organizational tool such as a file folder system like THIS or THIS is cool. Just don't spend a lot of money on it and find a place to keep it. Designate a spot to "deal with" your paperwork. I have a spot and am very ashamed to show this to you. Life gets crazy sometimes and we tend to "let things go." I have not kept up with my desk and paperwork so my goal this week is to organize my spot. Here it is:
I will show you an AFTER shot when I clean it up and get it organized.
- Donate those old clothes. We all keep clothes that we don't wear...us women more than men. I have a ton of clothes in my closet that still have the tags on them. We keep things that used to fit us great - before babies :o) Or we keep things that we liked in the store, but didn't fit right when we got home. Chances are your closet is full of clothes that you haven't worn in 2 years or more - I know I do. If that's the case, chunk it. This week grab a bag or box and fill it with things you haven't worn in 2 years. If you haven't worn it in two years then why keep it? Just let it go and donate it to Goodwill or a local shelter. That's another goal of mine for this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment