Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tales From The Checkout Lane

Often I have situations that come up in the checkout lane and I will share them.  My intentions are not to make fun of people, but to educate.

This past Wednesday I headed to Harveys to get the $.49 eggs.  They had a limit of 3 on the eggs so I grabbed three cartons.  I did have a coupon for $1/2.  When the cashier scanned my coupon the register beeped.  I'm not sure why it beeped, but she looked at me and said "You can't use the $1/2 coupon when you purchase 3 of them."  To which I replied "Yes, you can.  The coupon will take $1 off of my total regardless of how many eggs I buy as long as I buy at least two of them."

The manager pushed the coupon through, but I wanted to let everyone know that when you use a coupon for an amount off of multiples (i.e. $1 off 2) you must have the amount listed of the product, but you can add as many products as you like.  The register will take off the amount of the coupon as long as you buy at least the amount listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Couponing Grocery Haul 8-5-26

 Reminder: I live in "Half Price BOGO Land" which means items ring up half price at the register. If you live in Florida, you will...