Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Funk

I love me some summertime.  I love the popsicles, tanned toes, sprinklers and full on sunshine.  When summer started I made myself a nice long list of stuff to do.  And we've only done about 3 of those things.  In a little over three weeks school will be starting back and my baby girl will be starting Pre-K.  I'm not one of those moms who are glad for my kids to go to school.  I dread it.  I want my babies as close to me as possible.  She has never been in daycare and hasn't really interacted with a whole lot of kids at once.  I cried like a baby the whole day when Mitch started school and I can feel a repeat coming on.

So, I've been in this funk.  You know the kind you sit around worrying about what's going to happen?  Will she hate school?  Will the teacher be mean to her?  Will she wig out when I'm not there?  Will she get homesick?  All of these things terrify me as a mother.  Because for the first time in her entire life I won't be there.  My husband doesn't get it.  I guess guys don't.  But I've been seriously sad about it.  Not only because of the worrying, but because this is just another reminder that my babies are growing up WAY too fast!  So instead of enjoying our summer I've been moping around and that is so not like me at all.

I'm getting my butt in gear.  I closed the doors to Madison's closet so the pile of "back to school" clothes don't slap me in the face.  I put away the preschool workbooks and I finished up the paperwork needed for her to start school.  Time to enjoy what's left of our summer.

I am planning on a Publix trip tomorrow and I'm sure that will cheer me up.  Shopping always makes me happy. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Publix Grocery Haul 4-17-24

  (4) Tena Pads $6.39 use $4/1 printables from coupons.com use $3/1 Publix coupons from the Extra Savings Flyer use $10/$25 Publix eCoupon g...